Whatcom Women in Business Charity Fund will support five non-profit organizations in 2013. WWIB will be donating $1,000 to each charity during the months in which they support that charity. Each charity will have a guest speaker attend a membership meeting and give a ten minute overview of their organization.
The charities for 2013 are as follows:
March/April The Whatcom Dream
May/June Blue Skies for Children
July/August Habitat for Humanity Women Build
Sept/Oct YWCA Bellingham
Nov/Dec Boys & Girls Club Whatcom County
Whatcom Women in Business Charity Fund will support five non-profit organizations in 2012. WWIB will be donating $1,000 to each charity during the months in which they support that charity. Each charity will have a guest speaker attend a membership meeting and give a ten minute overview of their organization. The charities for 2012 are as follows:
March / April: Marianne’s House
May / June: The Agape House
July / August: Alzheimer Society of WA
Sept / Oct: Big Brothers Big Sisters
Nov / Dec: Toys for Tots
In addition to our initial contribution to each organization, our WWIB membership High 5 for Charity Bucks will be collected throughout the year, equally divided at year end and distributed to each of our charities. Our members are asked to support inkind and volunteer requests as well for each organization.
The charity committee for 2012 consists of the following members:
- · Julie Guay (chairperson)
- · Susie Betts
- · Lynne Henifin
- · Pam Needham
In 2011 the Charity Fund Committee has decided WWIB will focus on local charities and will commit to supporting (3) charities. WWiB will donate $500 to each of these charities along with providing support and in-kind donations to the organization during their charitable quarter.
“Charity Bucks” will be collected throughout the year at member meetings and will be evenly distributed among these organizations at year end. A list of needs will be requested from each charitable organization and will be distributed to our membership at the beginning of their assigned quarter.
Charity Nomination Criteria:
- Only a member in good standing can submit a nomination for charity consideration
- The nominated charity must have a WWIB Member’s involvement in some way to be selected
- The charity must be a 501c3 organization in good standing. Charity Selection Criteria: · WWIB will spread its focus of charities over a variety of service areas/charity types
- Selection will be based on community minded organization – not necessarily charities that serve only women or women’s interests.
- A charity may not be selected two years in a row.
Charitable nominations must be submitted to the Charity Committee between October 15 and December 15th for consideration for the subsequent year.
Benefits to the Charity:
- The organization will donate an amount to the charity as decided by the Charity Committee.
- WWiB’s membership will be involved with the charity in some way beyond a financial donation such as volunteering or collection of in-kind donations.
- Charity Bucks will be collected and distributed evenly at end of calendar year